Saturday 25 July 2009

Week 1


Eloise -

You’ve been with us for 7 whole days now. There is a book that you’re bound to come across at some point in your life that says the entire world was made in only 6 days. I think a true masterpiece takes longer which is why you needed 40 weeks, 1 day, 15 hours and 57 minutes.

Within those 7 days your mother has had sushi for three of her meals. In a row. She has eaten 4 different kinds of unpasteurized cheese. Next week she will attack pate and steak medium rare.

You have pooped on your father and me twice and spit up on us three and two times respectively. I have lost count of the number of times you have farted and no I will not stop laughing at you when you do. They are the loudest, funniest most gratifying sounding farts ever and I’m just so happy that all your bodily functions work. I promise when you get older you can laugh at me when I fart too. Unfortunately when Daddy farts it’s best to quickly leave the room and not look back.

You have the most adorable smile. Sometimes you only smile with half of your mouth and it makes me want to buy you flowers and ask you out on a date. The experts tell me that these smiles are simply the result of gas, but I think you’re a happy genius that just can’t help showing us how content you are at making us a family.

Here’s to many more weeks of pooping and farting together.

Je t’aime,

Maman

2 comments:

  1. Lovely, what a lovely post. Yes I just called a post with farting in it lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, this is adorable. You look so good together! :>)

    ReplyDelete