Sunday 21 March 2010

A long winded simile for weaning

I tell you, this whole feeding your offspring thing is a tricky business. It's like every day you make someone a heartfelt homemade card telling them how much you love them and care about them. Some days the person is like, awww, for realz? This is for me? You are the kindest person ever! And you know what, I wasn't sure I was, you know, there yet in this relationship, but if I'm honest, I love you too. Deeply Truly.

And so you feel wonderful - having your beautiful handmade card received so well, to have your feelings reciprocated. And then the next day? When you give them another handmade card declaring your love? They look at it and say, um yeah, not trying to be awkward or anything, cause it looks like you went to a lot of trouble and all, but this is just too much, and uh, not in a good way, ya know?. So I'm just going to go ahead and give this card back to you and we'll just pretend this little encounter never even happened ok?

Eat ma damn food bebe!

1 comment:

  1. I sooooooo know what you mean. Are you trying to wean?

    I am trying to give E some formula mixed in to her pumped milk (like a one to six ratio) for her night-time bottle and she keeps throwing it up. EVERY. NIGHT. *sigh*

    The things we go through for these heathens!

    ReplyDelete