Saturday 27 June 2009

Pregnant Night Owl

It's is 2 minutes past midnight and I'm still up. I don't understand this - the other pregnant women I have met told me they end up crashing around 9:30-10pm. I get up 3 or 4 times a night now to pee or open a window or run my wrists under cold water. I'm up relatively early, between 7:30 and 8:30 in the morning and make a point to keep my days fairly active with lots of walking and still I keep crawling into bed most times after the Frenchman has given up and the T.V. has gone smutty.

I guess it's good that I'm able to function on less and less sleep - preparing for soon to be drastic lack of shut-eye - but shouldn't I be taking advantage of these last few weeks where I can sleep? Lord knows everyone who has children tells me to sleep while I can, to have a lie in with my Frenchman and be sure to tell him to remember how this feels, the ability to laze around in bed without a care in the world, because that feeling will never happen again once our bassinet is filled with a little pink person.

Alright - it is now 12 minutes past midnight and I guess I should call it a day.

1 comment:

  1. Oh dear... With this pregnancy and last, I've had all kinds of pregnancy insomnia too. The worst is waking up at 4am and not being able to go to sleep. I guess it's just the baby getting me ready for her arrival :-P

    ReplyDelete