Tuesday 19 May 2009

Rubens baby

We had a midwife appointment the other day, everything doing well, baby has a strong heartbeat, my blood pressure and iron levels are all very good. My bump is measuring slightly bigger than it should be (which might account for all the fat comments I complained about in a previous post). The midwife said it could just be extra mama padding or a big healthy baby. Now I am all for this baby being big and healthy - in theory, but when I think of this big healthy baby ripping through me I have second thoughts. But to be honest with you, I think the extra couple of centimeters on my uterus are more due to the fact I'm not sucking in for the first time in decades than me having some rubenesque spawn swimming inside.

1 comment:

  1. "rubenesque spawn" HA!
    I had a 10 pound baby (and lived to tell the tale!) The doctor kept yelling at me saying "None of this weight is the baby, it's all you" until the baby was born and then he was all "You were ALL baby"
    Jerk. :)

    ReplyDelete